Saturday, December 23, 2006

Stuck in the Big V

random thoughts spewed across a screen for no particular purpose and no one's particular interest, save my own I guess. Blogs are great if you send out the address so that others can read them...I seem to have trouble with that step though. I think maybe a whole 5 people have access to this...

At any rate, here is sit in D & G's apartment on Dec. 23rd...2 days before Christmas...and I sit. Snow storms in Denver made it impossible to fly out the day before yesterday and the cancelled the morning flights, my flight, yesterday. Now all flights are running as normal (why but of course they are). So, due to the backlog of travellers and the overbooking of flights I am stranded in Vancouver until at least Dec. 25th. Yup...Christmas day.

I get to get up before Santa even finishes his rounds and head out to the airport to catch a flight that will take me to Omaha by 2:30ish pm. I want to complain. I want to yell, scream, and be frustrated. At least, I think I do. But, then again, whenever I think about how selfish my actions for not getting what I wanted are, I think of all those who are so much less fortunate than I. The fact that I can even afford to get on a plane is so much more than most. I have the time and freedom to travel and all I can think about doing is complaining. Good Grief.

I must be a real headcase. So, today I shall try to do some work and will hopefully have a chance to meet up with DC before he flies off to 'loops and then tomorrow it will be lunch at Naan with SS. Monday morning, bright and early I shall make my way to the airport and begin the journey. It shall all be but a distant memory to recall in a later year as something funny that happened on the way to Omaha.

No comments: