Monday, February 26, 2007

For HIM

It was a dark night (hehe) and I had ventured out to Kana's for a bit of socializing when I first met HIM. Blonde hair, blue eyes, dazzling smile. But, me being me and it being a bar, I pretty much ignored HIS friendly banter. Weeks later I would realize that we had met before and I would shake my head that I had not been more friendly for HE was a kindred spirit with whom a lifetime friendship would be developed.

In the 2 years that I was to spend in HZ with HIM, we share the joys of birthdays and christmas' as well as the pains of leaving parties and broken hearts. HE was always there as a support, but more than that, he made me laugh...that deep hearted laugh that lasts so long and strong it brings tears to the eyes.

Memories of sushi dinners ("I cooked it myself you know"), the contortionist ability of dogs ("if only I could do what she does, imagine how happy I would be"), and "the wheels on the birthday bus go round and round" brings a smile to my face every time.

Today we now live in separate cities, in separate countries, but we always seem to be able to find each other for those few moments every once in a while and it helps keep us real ("OMG...I've been around the sun...").



So, this one is just for HIM and as a wish for all others that you too could have a HIM in your world too.
LUV YA HUGE, CLIFF!!

No comments: