Friday, January 05, 2007

Adventuring in Omaha

Though stuck in Vancouver, unplanned for and a bit frustrating, meant that I had an also unplanned opportunity to visit with DC. It would have been great to have a longer visit before he headed off to visit the fam in 'loops - but any amount of time to share with friends is always valued.

With a scheduled flight out on Christmas morning I didn't sleep a wink...fear of missing my flight I would guess -- any one who knows me knows I am not a fan of early morning flights. I was at the airport by 4am. Then I found out my flight was delayed by an hour. This meant a lot of waiting which always provides time to read - except when one is exhausted.

Finally I was on my way. It was a little over 2 hours to Denver, then another wait before an hour flight to Omaha.

When I landed I had butterflies in my stomache...as I walked up the arrival ramp, there was M. Sigh...my M. It was so good to be in his space again.

We drove directly out to Fullerton which was about 2.5 hours away to meet some of his relatives for their regular Christmas day dinner. Then another 2.5 hours back to Omaha for my first sight of his home. Though I slept most of the way (M was sooo sweet, he had brought me a pillow and blanket) we had half an hour of Christmas Day left so it was time to open gifts. His family spoiled me and I was so excited when he opened his gift. He had to crack many walnuts open - ones that I had opened the night before, cleaned out, put strips of the flight ticket for February as well as other little notes into and glued back together - and he doesn't even like nuts.

We spent the next week doing a number of things from visiting sites in Omaha and Lincoln, watching M paly football, going to the aquarium, going to the movies, and visiting M's friends.

On New Years Eve Day it snowed so M and I headed out to play in the snow. For the evening we were going to go out to dinner but wound up having pizza at D and L's along with J and L and the Mann. It was a fun night of "intellectual" games (hehe).

The first day of the new year was all about Shmores!








With all the excitement it was definitely difficult to prepare to leave the next day. But, alas, all things change - learning how to work with that is the challenge. But the memories from this holiday are incredible!

No comments: