Thursday, January 11, 2007

A New Semester

Today was the first day back at school for me. Though I have been working off and on with the Project I have yet to complete I haven't had to be in class this past week. I have found the week to bounce a bit with regards to direction. Determining how to balance economics, scholastics and relationship is a challenge - particularly when all three will be in different places come May.

There is little that I can do at present on any of those aspects so the goal is to focus on this semesters course work and the preparation that needs to get done with my work in China while my supervisor, J, and I slowly work together on the thesis direction.

The courses for this semester are Quantitative Methods (Stats) and Public Policy. Today it was an introduction to the latter and the dynamics in the course were very positive as well as the course itself lending to opportunities for scholarly growth. Basically - it looks good.

The stats course begins next Tuesday with a number of us feeling quite shaky about the whole thing. It has been 6 years since I have had to look at numbers and data analysis tools...eeek. However, the courses are designed for our success so this keeps me positive about it.

C and I are already in a count down to reading break ... probably shouldn't be "wishing our lives away" like this (quoted from friend at NWP), but seeing M will be the highlight of this semester.

No comments: