Friday, November 10, 2006

MAJOR Storm

It is now 1:38am and as has been standard for the past several days I am STILL awake. Tonight I have a very large storm to accompany me. The wind is picking up speed and the rain is going to come down in buckets. I hope it will taper off before morning so that I can get my weekly Friday run it. The UBC Fall Classic half marathon is in only a week and a bit. Not feeling 100% ready for it, but it is keeping me out there running so that is great.

Turns out there might be a huge crew of us running the Great Wall next year!! Can hardly wait! Though M and I weren't really thinking of running it again this year - with a big group going it should be a lot of fun.

So, tonight, for the first night in several, I don't have to do any homework - though I have lots to do - so I went out for a nice dinner at spinnakers (highly recommended-BTW) with LB. It was a very nice shift. LB was my prof and mentor during my undergrad and this is the new shift to LB the colleague and friend. It is very nice to get to know her as a "real" (whatever that means) person.

Once I returned home I sat and watched some of the braindrain box until J came home. Then, together, we drained more of our brains until she headed up to sleep. Now here I sit, and type, and chat with M....and the wind blows.

No comments: