Tuesday, November 21, 2006

MIDNIGHT...again

And so I sit....

Yesterday I ran the UBC Fall Classic half marathon and today I prefer to sit...my legs are too sore to move. I did not train well for it and it was a cold, wet, windy day. I decided to run the entire distance without stopping - I figured if I stopped I would get cold - and I hate being cold. I don't think I have every run 21.0975 km (~13 miles 193 yd) without stopping. Usually I walk somewhere along the line. Not this time. I did not finish well (1hr57min), but it has kept me running through the fall - and that was the point.

I was just doing some research and it turns out that I am a beginner runner. If I can run a half in about 1hr45min then I would be classified as an intermediate runner. Though, out of the 159 women who ran, I came in 59th. I am not first, I am not last...

Only 10 more days and I get to pack my bags to head back to China. I am already losing a great deal of motivation ... I need to stay focused but it is difficult. I have a scholarship application to complete and can't seem to find the words that I need to get it done. Frustrating.

I guess I shall take a break from it and work on another project that needs to get done. This way at least I will be moving ahead on something instead of spinning my wheels in the mental mud.

No comments: