Monday, November 06, 2006

Rainy Day

I am arriving late to the blog scene, but have decided to get started and see what I can share. I arrived in Victoria two and a half months ago and it has been a tumultuous ride. After living in China for more than 5 years, I have struggled to find my feet in N. America. Not to mention starting a PhD. I am still here though - which is a good sign, I think - and am only 3 weeks away from finishing my first semester.

The 30page papers have been killer. I didn't think I would make it through the first one and I am now struggling to figure out the second one - but I have time and anticipate that, at the end of the day all will be done.

When I first arrived in Victoria the weather was gorgeous. I started training to run the Royal Vic half marathon. With that over (early October) I have since been training to run the UBC Fall Classic half marathon. Unfortunately, the weather has not been so cooperative. There was slight break in the rain yesterday and I took the opportunity to run my long run. However, today it is pouring yet again.

I like the rain - it is very relaxing - just not condusive to running. If it was just a light drizzle it would be better - but it is coming straight down.

It works in my favour for getting school work done...so back to the books for me.

No comments: