Sunday, November 26, 2006

Wind, Rain, Cold

The weather just isn't letting up. I don't remember it ever being this stormy during the winter before. I mean, there has always been rain. Sometimes even a little snow. But this winter has been filled with winds strong enough to stop the ferries from sailing. Crazy.

It is Saturday night (Sunday morning actually) and I am about to try and find some sleep. My night hawk time table from days of old has returned and I find sleep hard to find.

I finished the Trudeau Scholarship application. What a feat. I am very happy with what I finally wrote for my personal statement. Though I am certain it could use some tweaking, it is pretty good for a first/final draft. It might not get me a scholarship, but it is important to me that I have produced something I am happy with. Now it is just a waiting game.

I went to a movie on Friday night "The Inconvenient Truth". Very interesting. It is strongly visual and I appreciate that the objective was not to politicize it, but rather to share the images so that individuals could determine for themselves what impact the photos would have.

Tonight I went to listen to the Chamber Choir as the girls who live upstairs sing in it. It was at St. Andrew's Cathedral and the sounds were incredible. It was a nice way to spend a few hours. I only wish that M could have been there to share both last night and the night before. I want to be able to talk to him about it ...

I also worked on writing up some Christmas cards today. I am trying to get ahead of things. I have bought almost all the gifts I need to buy this year and will send off those that need to go somewhere this week. There is much to do before next Friday - busy is good though as it will help to make the time go by faster.

I finally received some photos from the UBC Fall Classic and so have attached one. That is one more run under my belt. I have now set up my schedule for the Van Marathon and solid training starts Jan. 2nd. 2007 is going to be an good year.

No comments: